Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Baby Food, Anyone?

So, my inner domestic goddess is feeling very proud today.  I actually made homemade baby food from apricots picked from the tree in my parents' backyard less than 24 hours ago!  I didn't have very many (about 1/2 of a 2 gal. bucket), but it was the perfect amount for the time I had to spend on it today.  It all took less than one hour.  
  I put them in the "Ninja".  This is the blender that Jared pushed and pushed for us to buy (I was resistant because of the cost).  But now, I have to admit, I'm in love with the Ninja and use it way more than he does. I know, monumental moment, me admitting I was wrong, Jared's gonna love this!
 Next I poured the puree into ice cube trays and covered them with foil in the freezer.
 I also had a few baby food containers that I've started saving which also worked well.
What's the verdict from my little food critic?...
It's too sour!  I tasted a little and it seemed fine, so I thought he was just not used to it, but after he'd eaten a whole serving, pulling sour faces the whole time, I tried a bigger taste and it was pretty sour.  He's such a good little boy, he just ate it anyway.  I felt bad... next time I'll sweeten it up a bit with some apple juice.
We had to get a video of the sour faces for daddy and it's so cute, I had to share.  Don't know why it loaded sideways and I don't know how to fix it!
 I know I say this every post, but oh, man I love this face!

No comments:

Post a Comment