Sunday, December 29, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday Charlie!

I know I already posted most of this on Facebook, but I want to be better at posting here for our family's sake.  I want to preserve the memories and record my thoughts as well. The last two years, as Charlie's birthday rolls around, I can't help but reflect on the way this little boy has changed our lives.  We can't imagine life without him.  He is absolutely meant to be a part of our family.  We recently interviewed with our case worker (we're working on getting approved for adoption again) and she asked us to talk about Charlie and how we feel about him.  We could go on for days.  Jared said, "He lights up the room!" which is so true. You can't help but smile being around this kid.  We love him so much!
I saw this cake on Pinterest last year and wanted to make it but didn't, so I had a lot of fun making it for him this year.  There were a few failed attempts at the eyeballs, but my mom had a great idea to use Lindor truffles, which we happened to have on hand since it's Christmas time.  I was pretty happy with the results.

... and so was Charlie.  He kept saying and signing "more".

 The day before his birthday we went to Build-a-Bear with Charlie's birthmom and brother.  It was so much fun. I wish I would have gotten a picture with them together. Charlie was a little scared of the machine that stuffs them and then the little "shower" blowers.  He wanted to see, but wouldn't go too close.  Toby and Charlie both got monkeys. Jared named Charlie's George and Toby named is Hot Dog!

 This is the best picture I got with his carrier truck set from Grandma and Grandpa Rowland.  We have been having a great time pushing it all over the house!

 This is the only celebrating we did on his actual birthday, an ice cream cone at McDonald's, which he pounded like a champ!
Charlie is learning and growing so quickly every day.  Some of his favorite words are:  Momma, Dadda, Mammah (grandma), Boppa (grandpa), more, book, sssgock (sock), shoes (that was actually his first and favorite word because it meant we were going outside!), cracker, cookie, ot (hot),  wawah (water or drink), bobbo (bottle). He has a sign language video and uses signs a lot.  It's the cutest thing ever. He signs more, done, milk, go, car, and shoes.

He got a little drill set from Grandma and Grandpa Hadfield.  He wouldn't put it down.  He even wanted to take it to bed and was mad at me when I wouldn't let him!

His most favorite "toy" is my blow dryer and round brush.  I guess he watches me get ready for the day too often.  He also loves the broom and dustpan.  Hopefully that means he'll be really helpful in a few years.  We sure love this little munchkin! (Did I mention that already!)


No comments:

Post a Comment