Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Mad Gardening Skills

I have had so much fun in my garden this year.  I guess I got a little bit of a green thumb from my dad who loves to garden.  (Jared insisted I posed for an action shot!)  Here are my tomatoes at the beginning of the season.
Here they are mid-season.  My dad might have helped a little in stringing them up.  He's got the system down.  I ended up with a lot of tomatoes.
I even got ambitious and canned some salsa.  By the end, I decided that would be the one and only time I canned salsa!  However, a friend of mine told me about a salsa mix you can buy and you only have to add fresh tomatoes.  So I tried that one too and it was good!  I even taught my young women how to make it!  This is me and my friend Stephanie making salsa the hard way the first time.

While I was in the canning mood, I also did a whole bunch of beans. Some were from my little garden, but I'll be honest, most were from my dad's. You should note that most of this happened BEFORE school started!  Now that school is back in, I don't seem to have much time for anything and my garden is suffering!


Here's the embarrassing part.  You know how EVERYONE can grow zucchini?  My zucchini didn't grow!!!  I guess I planted it too deep so it took forever to sprout and is now just coming on.  Luckily for me the zucchini fairy left a whole bunch on my front porch!

In fact, it was so readily available, I was looking for creative ways to use it.  Our favorite so far?  Zucchini pizza!  It's seriously good!



I really love working outside in the garden and in the yard.  The produce is nice too!

No comments:

Post a Comment