Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I heart Pinterest!

 So the other day my brother said that no one really has time to do any of the things that they see on Pinterest.  I beg to differ!
This isn't anything new and exciting, but I found the instructions for covering a wipes case.  I made matching burp cloths and a binky chain and put it together with some baby lotions in a basket from the dollar store which made a darling baby shower gift.
 I turned this...
 ...into this! Jared's words: "I really like that table.  I guess Pinterest can serve a purpose aside from hours of entertainment for my wife!" 
 The Very Hungry Caterpillar cake for my nephew Benjamin's b-day party.
 A watermelon "cake" for our "It's Summer" party with my teacher friends.
 I made a cute keychain for my mom, since she just got a new car (finally, her old one was quite literally on it's last leg!).
I also make new recipes that I find on Pinterest all the time.  Some are better than others, I have to admit.
Okay, this one's not from Pinterest, but since I'm not teaching anymore, I've found my creative outlet in sewing.  I made this for our ward auction and it was such a hit, another ward member asked me to make her one too.  It was a lot of fun.  I also made Charlie's frog costume and a dress for me (which I hate, but I'm hoping to tweak so I will like it).

 So, this is to Andy (not that he will probably even see this).  Pinterest is awesome! And, well, I feed Charlie 5 times a day.  I need something to do with my time!

No comments:

Post a Comment